i started and finished a hat for henry this weekend. i don't know the last time i cranked out a project like that.
i'm really, really happy with the finished project. i tend to make hats too small, and this one is just barely too big.
i prefer it that way. it may even fit again next year!
i used the seaman's cap pattern (free!), and it was simple and written in 3 sizes so i think i will be making more of this one. i like that the ribbed brim is so long because i think it will help it to stay on the boy's head and makes it that much warmer around his ears. i think matt is actually a little jealous because the hat i knit for him did not turn out as nice.
i used noro kureyon, colorway 164. i have had this in my stash (which is miniscule) for over 2 years now.
i had intended it to be a hat for me but never found the right pattern. i started making a rolled brim hat that never got finished because a dog we had tore into it and dragged the yarn from upstairs, down the stairs and all over the house. i think i put the mess aside for a year before i attempted unraveling and detangling. so, now it has been revived and turned into the perfect hat for the boy!