5.16.2008

It's a . . . .

baby! Yeah, we're sticklers when it comes to being surprised in the delivery room. Matt thinks it's cool to go out to the waiting room to 'announce' it to everyone, whether or not we know them. "It's a . . . !"

We went in for my 20 week ultrasound on Friday. Henry said "baby, baby, baby" most of the way there as he lifted his shirt and rubbed his belly. I really do believe he understands this as much as his brain can. For example, the other day we were watching March of the Penguins and when he saw the egg he got excited (he likes eggs almost as much as penguins) and I told him the baby penguin was in the egg. He immediately pulled my shirt up and patted my belly! Whatever. I think he's a genius at this point. I just hope he's not disappointed when he gets a brother or sister and not a baby penguin.

Henry was a bit squirmy while I was getting the ultrasound. Come to find out he just wanted a turn. Right. Now. The tech was so sweet to humor us, but I think he was a little bummed that he didn't get his belly hosed down with the lube. I might be wrong. And, it would seem that Henry enjoys my doctors office as much as he enjoys record breaking trips to the library. Have I mentioned that my child does not like the library? I may save that one for later.




Everything looks perfect and healthy with the baby so far. The doctor says no worries and to keep doing what I'm doing. He said to keep eating right and try to avoid sugar. At that point I burst out laughing. Sugar is what I'm craving. Too the point that I'm finding it disgusting. I even told him that. He said I am fine with my weight, so I can't be having too much. At that point Matt burst out laughing and said he's been surprised at the things he's found in our kitchen. I said, "yeah, like what, a ginormous bag of Starbursts?" Truly. I never eat those things. Then one day a girl I know had them, gave me one, and I felt like I wouldn't make it through the week without a pound of them! I swear I'm trying to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliments, grievances and any other general feedback