8.02.2008



Well, friends, we are off on a much needed vacation. We are meeting up with most of my family on the coast of North Carolina. We (meaning my entire family) vacationed in this same town 23 summers ago, so it is a reunion of sorts, even though we all see each other about once a year.

Matt is looking forward to taking the surfboards off our office wall and actually putting them to use in some water. Its been quite some time. I'm relieved I don't have to make a fool of myself attempting to surf again (it's been over 7 years since I last tried). We are both eager to see Henry catch a wave - if he allows it (and if there are waves to be had).
I'm anticipating a relaxing week visiting aunts, uncles, cousins and my grandparents (aka, The Greats). I envision listening to the waves, lying on the beach, knitting, reading and sharing in the duties of wrangling the little ones that will be running around.
I'm excited about searching for sea shells with the boy(s), playing in the sand, and spending what's remaining of our last summer together before our little Henry becomes the Big Brother.

I feel so fortunate that we will all have this lazy week to spend together enjoying each others company.

I may pop in a bit over the next week and I look forward to sharing our stories on our return.


Here's hoping that all of you are enjoying what's remaining of these summer days. The days are flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliments, grievances and any other general feedback