3.21.2008

Wardrobe woes


I am not a fashionable person. I wish I were, but it's just not in me. I would rather buy yarn, books, and food than buy clothes.
With that said, I do have to admit that I get frustrated quite often with what is available to me in my closet. For instance-my favorite jeans (these are my nice pair, also) have a hole in the knee. My other pair of jeans that fit also have a hole in the knee.
My other pair of jeans are almost two sizes too big and have to be worn with a pretty baggy shirt to hide all of the jean bunched up under my belt. Since I don't buy clothes very often I have a pretty small rotation going on and that gets a bit boring and honestly a bit depressing at times. Which is kind of where I am at right now.

Which leads me to this: I am ready to wear my maternity clothes! I remember with Henry's pregnancy I was so excited to wear maternity clothes and have my belly showing, and it seemed to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get to that point. That's not the case this time. I am not showing yet so have no need to wear them yet, but at least they are clothes I have not worn in a while! Plus I feel like I have a new wardrobe because my friend Pamela just gave me a huge bin of her maternity clothes to borrow. Now my maternity wardrobe is about 3 times the size of my regular wardrobe.

All I can say is bring on the belly, baby (although please, please try to leave the butt unaffected) . I am in need of a change.

4 comments:

  1. I forgot how fabulous elastic pants were! I had to start wearing maternity tops at 6 weeks with the second. And it never stopped!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/24/2008

    Oooh, that's good that you're excited about the maternity clothes now! Because long about August or so... I guess your holey jeans will be looking pretty inviting again... and with any luck you'll fit back into them.

    What's the ETA for the baby now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lola and Diane,
    So true about elastic pants! And since I'm not really showing yet, even jeans feel like I'm wearing sweats!
    The good thing is by November, my holey jeans might seem new again!

    ~ Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Compliments, grievances and any other general feedback