2.24.2008

Random Things & Some Big News

So, here I am tipoeing back into blogland after a bout with some flu-bug or something. One or two new symptoms were added to the arsenal every day which made for a long hellish week. I do not wish this on anyone. It was one of those illnesses where you see no end in sight but it hurt too much to cry over it. Thankfully, Matt and Henry have shown no signs of catching my cooties (yet). They were both great to mama this week too. Henry didn't run me around too much and was willing to take one extra little nap a day for me. Matt, well, what can I say. He is amazing. All around Mr. Mom (he hates that movie) and then some. Homemade soups, letting me sleep as much as possible, loads and loads of laundry, runs to the grocery for fluids and crackers, and just general caring and tenderness. I am a very lucky girl.

This bout began the day after returning from Illinois after spending 17 hours in either airports or airplanes. This was after waking at 3:30 a.m. in order to return the rental car and catch the shuttle to the airport to catch a 7:00 a.m. flight. We were supposed to arrive in Atlanta at 12:30 ish p.m., but instead arrrived at 11:30 ish p.m. Henry was a trooper almost to the end. (thank goodness for portable dvd players). Once we hit baggage claim in ATL though, that boy had had enough and let everyone else know it. He really did well regardless, which is more than I can say for Matt & I, we were quite miserable. So, yes, we now have our worst ever travel story and that is all that I need to reminisce about that.

While I have been away, I was tagged by Fiberfiend6891 and Sassycrafter to list some random things about myself. Since my week was not very interesting and I don't have much else to say, I figured I would give it a go.

1. I do not like clothes shopping. At all. Partly because of my funds, partly because I hate trying on clothes, and partly because
it takes so much effort, I would rather be doing something else. Pretty much anything else.

2. I have been told that "for a white girl" I have got rhythm. Yet, I cannot slow dance to save my life (or Matt's toes). It's really quite sad. Matt on the other hand is a great slow dancer.

3. I love food. I will try almost anything once (sometimes twice, in case it wasn't prepared correctly the first time). I say almost anything because I am sure I will come across something that will just not make it into my mouth. The only thing I have tried and absolutely despised was escargot. I chewed and chewed and I just couldn't do it. It ended up in my napkin. It is not something I will try twice.

4. I would love to have a pineapple farm. (how's that for random?) I saw a picture of one in a magazine (still have the picture) and it was just beautiful. All those spiky plants for as far as the eye could see. Endless pineapple, yum.

5. I proposed to my husband. I even called his mother and asked permission. We had been together 7 years! I knew what he was waiting for and thought he was ridiculous (he was). Obviously, he said yes and this year will be 6 years married.

6. The movie I have watched more than any other movie is Popeye. The one with Robin Williams (his first film). This is because for months now it has been Henry's favorite. He surprises Matt & I by mimicking certain parts of the movie. He has a Popeye laugh (quite adorable), he "boxes" with sound effects, and he dances. I have yet to tire of this movie. It has become one of my all time favorites and I recommend it to everyone. In our household, we catch ourselves quoting it often and singing the songs. I am searching for the sheet music for the film and have yet to find it.

7. I don't like the color pink. Never have. My friend Pamela had a dream I was pregnant & having a girl & I was panicking because I couldn't buy enough pink. She thought this was hysterical. I said it would never happen.

8. I have never been to Disneyland (or world) and I have no desire to go or take my children there.

9. I have a large crush on Lyle Lovett. If you got the nod to his band I readily call you a friend.

10. I'm pregnant :) just found out, but too excited to contain it. Very tentative due date of October 1. I've been told you're supposed to wait to announce such things, but fooey. We didn't wait with Henry & he's the best thing yet!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!

    & I loved Popeye as a kid, but for some reason it creeps me out now.

    -L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/25/2008

    WAHOOO!!! Congratulations!!! Now, um, I hate to mention this... but are you sure what you had was the flu and not just what your life is going to be like for the next three months or so?!

    Hurray for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am definitely sure I had the flu or something last week. I'm not 100%, but am starting to feel like myself again. Now as far as the next 3 months. . .
    I am sure it will include nausea & exhaustion for sure, especially if this go round is anything like the last one.
    Thanks for the Congrats! We are very excited if not a little terrified (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete

Compliments, grievances and any other general feedback